Key features of our Winter Grass Seed Mix
- Perfect winter grass seed mix, produces strong durable leaves
- Can be sown in temperatures as low as 5°C
- Suitable for medium traffic areas
- Good for damaged or dug up areas
- 60% Diploid Amenity Perennial Ryegrass
- 40% Tetraploid Perennial Ryegrass
Diploid Perennial Ryegrass (Lolium Perenne) is a high yielding, high quality grass. It is a mainstay of permanent pasture/long term ley mixtures. It is also included in general cut & graze seed mixtures for silage production followed by grazing. Being a diploid, it has 2 sets of chromosomes per cell. Diploids combine robustness and yield, working better in less than ideal conditions. Diploids seem to handle wetter ground better than tetraploids and makes an ideal Winter Grass Seed.
Tetraploid perennial Ryegrass (Lolium Perenne) is an intermediate heading agricultural grass. Tetraploid grasses have four chromosomes per cell as opposed to diploids which have two.
How to apply our Winter Lawn Seed Mix
- Preparation – Remove any dead or discoloured grass and break up hard soil to help the seeds bed in. Ensure you only loosen a couple of inches worth of soil.
- Application – Evenly apply our Winter Grass Seed Mix so that you evenly cover the exposed area ensuring that you can still see exposed soil. This encourages the seed to make contact with the soil. Only apply the recommended amount so that seeds get enough water and nutrients.
- Watering – Once you have applied the seed ensure they get a thorough soaking of water. Try to avoid pooling the water in one particular area. Please ensure you water the affected areas daily ensuring the surface areas are moist, continue to do so until the new sprouted grass reach an approximate height of 4 cm or 2 inches.
Our Winter Grass Seed Mix is specially formulated to germinate in temperatures as low as 5°C, you will experience less competition from other plants such as weeds. You can also sow during Spring but ensure you use plenty of water and avoid walking on fresh grass.
For a list of help and advise questions and answers please visit out help and advice section. Thank you.
There are no reviews yet.