Key features of our Vitax Growmore Fertiliser 2.5kg
- Suitable for use throughout the garden including vegetables, fruit and flowers
- Ideal for pre-seeding fertiliser when laying turf or sowing lawn seed
- Easy to use
- Dimensions (HWD): 245 x 950 x 165mm
- Apply throughout the growing season.
How to apply our Fertiliser
- Ideally use a Drop Spreader to apply your Vitax Growmore Fertiliser 2.5kg.
- Applying the fertilisers evenly by hand is difficult. If you have no other option, apply the fertiliser very carefully and only on small lawns. Wear gloves and walk backwards across the lawn as you throw the fertiliser as evenly as possible with a sweeping motion.
Our Vitax Growmore Fertiliser 2.5kg is best spread from mid to late Summer to mid-autumn, simply spread across the top surface of the soil using a fork or garden hoe. Please ensure the soil is wet before application.
Directions for use
Vitax Growmore should be applied evenly at the recommended rate, hoed or forked into the top surface of the soil, and if dry, well watered for maximum benefit. For safety information please see here.
- FLOWERS: Prior to sowing or planting: 140 grammes per square metre (4oz per square yard). As a top dressing for established plants: 70 grammes per square metre (2oz per square yard) at 8 – 10 week intervals.
- VEGETABLES: Potatoes: prior to planting 200 grammes per square metre (6oz per square yard). Other vegetables: prior to planting or sowing 140 grammes per square metre (4oz per square yard). As a top dressing: 70 grammes per square metre (2oz per square yard) sprinkled evenly between the rows at 8 – 10 week intervals.
- SHRUBS, FRUIT TREES AND BUSHES: When planting trees or shrubs: mix between 70-140 grammes (2-4oz) with the infill, depending on the size of the plant. As a top dressing in Spring: 140 grammes per square metre (4oz per square yard) applied evenly over the area covered by the branch spread.
- NEW LAWNS: 140 grammes per square metre (4oz per square yard) forked into the top 8cm of soil before sowing grass seed or laying turf