The short repair season means 100% perennial ryegrass mixtures are essential for rapid germination and repair. Our Winter Sports Mix offers high degrees of wear tolerance and turf density.
Uses: Over-seeding and renovation of Soccer and Rugby Pitches, Jump Landing Areas, Play areas.
Sowing rate: 35 to 50 gms/Metre square
Over-sowing rate: 20 to 35 gms/Metre square.
Mowing Height: Down to 25mm
The the winter sports grass seed mixes used mean that the grass is suitable for medium traffic areas and especially good on damaged areas of ground, once sown the seed is quick growing meaning you’ll have a durable playing area quickly.
For areas like a sport fields we do recommend using a seed sowing device such as one of our seed spreaders these are especially good for distributing the seed in a controlled and even manner. Before you sow your seed it’s best to follow the application instructions as listed below.
- Suitable for medium traffic areas
- Good for damaged or dug up areas
- Quick growing
How to apply our Winter Sports Grass Seed Mix
- Preparation – Remove any dead or discoloured grass and break up hard soil to help the seeds bed in.
- Application – Evenly apply our Winter Sports Seed Mix so that you evenly cover the exposed area ensuring that you can still see exposed soil. This encourages the seed to make contact with the soil. Only apply the recommended amount so that seeds get enough water and nutrients.
- Watering – Once you have applied the seed ensure they get a thorough soaking of water. Try to avoid pooling the water in one particular area. Please ensure you water the affected areas daily ensuring the surface areas are moist, continue to do so until the new sprouted grass reach an approximate height of 4 cm or 2 inches.
Our Winter Sports Grass Seed Mix is best sown from mid to late Summer to mid-autumn, you will experience less competition from other plants such as weeds and soil will be warm. You can also sow during Spring but ensure you use plenty of water and avoid walking on fresh grass.
For a list of help and advise questions and answers please visit out help and advice section. Thank you.
There are no reviews yet.