80% Low Maintenance Grasses for Neutral Soils
20% Flora Blend
Oxeye Daisy – White – Height 60cm
Meadow Buttercup – Yellow – Height 30-90cm
Knapweed – Purple – Height 30-60cm
Yellow Rattle – Yellow – Height 10-50cm
Birdsfoot Trefoil – Yellow – Height 10-40cm
Ragged Robin – Pink – Height 30-50cm
Yarrow – White – Height 8-40cm
Common Sorrel – Red – Height 30-80cm
Ladys Bedstraw – Yellow – Height 30cm
Self Heal – Purple – Height 10-30cm
Field Scabious – Pink/Purple – Height 75-100cm
Catsear – Yellow – Height 15-80cm
Tufted Vetch – Purple – Height up to 200cm
Betony – Purple – 10-60cm
St Johns Wort – Yellow – Height 30-75cm
Key features of our Neutral Damp Soils Wildflower Mix
- 80% Low maintenance grasses for neutral soils
- 20% Flora blend
How to sow our Neutral Damp Soils Wildflower Mix
- Small areas – Remove any weeds by hand or by using a black plastic membrane for at least 3 months prior to sowing.
- Larger areas – If large numbers of perennial weeds, such as dandelions, nettles and docks are present then a non-chemical control method may not work. If this is the case then spray off existing vegetation (unless it is already species-rich) using non-residual systemic glyphosate-containing weedkiller.
- Dig and turn the soil and compact and rake as you would for seeding a new lawn.
- It is advised not to use a fertiliser as this could over encourage grasses that over power the wildflowers.
- Wait 4 to 6 weeks for the ground to settle and for any weeds to show. Remove these before sowing.
- Now you are ready to sow your Neutral Damp Soils Wildflower Mix. As a guide seeds should be sown at 5g per square metre. You may need to mix the seed with silver sand to make distribution easier.
- Ensure you rake in lightly and soak to ground thoroughly with water then leave to grow.
- Use some netting if pests such as birds become a problem.
Our Neutral Damp Soils Wildflower Mix is best sown from March and April or in September, depending on soil conditions. Lighter soils can be sown in Autumn.