Key features of our Cornfield Annuals Wildflower Mix
- 80% Low Maintenance Grasses
- 20% Cornfield AnnualsPoppy – Red – Height 20-60cmCornflower – Blue – Height 20-10cm
Corn Marigold – Golden – Height 20-50cm
Corn Cockle – Purple – Height 30-120cm
Corn Chamomile – White – Height 50cm
How to sow our Cornfield Annuals Wildflower Mix
- Small areas – Remove any weeds by hand or by using a black plastic membrane for at least 3 months prior to sowing.
- Larger areas – If large numbers of perennial weeds, such as dandelions, nettles and docks are present, then a non-chemical control method may not work. If this is the case then spray off existing vegetation (unless it is already species-rich) using non-residual systemic glyphosate-containing weedkiller.
- Dig and turn the soil and compact and rake as you would for seeding a new lawn.
- It is advised not to use a fertiliser as this could over encourage grasses that over power the wildflowers.
- Wait 4 to 6 weeks for the ground to settle and for any weeds to show. Remove these before sowing.
- Now you are ready to sow your Cornfield Annuals Wildflower Mix. As a guide seeds should be sown at 5g per square metre. You may need to mix the seed with silver sand to make distribution easier.
- Ensure you rake in lightly and soak to ground thoroughly with water then leave to grow.
- Use some netting if pests such as birds become a problem.
Our Cornfield Annuals Wildflower Mix is best sown from March and April or in September, depending on soil conditions. Lighter soils can be sown in Autumn.