Key features of our Cornfield Annuals Wildflower Mix
- 80% Low Maintenance Grasses
- 20% Cornfield AnnualsPoppy – Red – Height 20-60cmCornflower – Blue – Height 20-10cm
Corn Marigold – Golden – Height 20-50cm
Corn Cockle – Purple – Height 30-120cm
Corn Chamomile – White – Height 50cm
How to sow our Cornfield Annuals Wildflower Mix
- Small areas – Remove any weeds by hand or by using a black plastic membrane for at least 3 months prior to sowing.
- Larger areas – If large numbers of perennial weeds, such as dandelions, nettles and docks are present, then a non-chemical control method may not work. If this is the case then spray off existing vegetation (unless it is already species-rich) using non-residual systemic glyphosate-containing weedkiller.
- Dig and turn the soil and compact and rake as you would for seeding a new lawn.
- It is advised not to use a fertiliser as this could over encourage grasses that over power the wildflowers.
- Wait 4 to 6 weeks for the ground to settle and for any weeds to show. Remove these before sowing.
- Now you are ready to sow your Cornfield Annuals Wildflower Mix. As a guide seeds should be sown at 5g per square metre. You may need to mix the seed with silver sand to make distribution easier.
- Ensure you rake in lightly and soak to ground thoroughly with water then leave to grow.
- Use some netting if pests such as birds become a problem.
Our Cornfield Annuals Wildflower Mix is best sown from March and April or in September, depending on soil conditions. Lighter soils can be sown in Autumn.
For help and advice on preparing your ground please visit our help and advice section. Further advice can be found at the RHS. Thank you.
There are no reviews yet.